Les futures éditions Blu-ray

Rubrique consacrée aux Blu-ray de films tournés à partir de 1980.

Modérateurs : cinephage, Karras, Rockatansky

The Boogeyman
Accessoiriste

Re: Les futures éditions Blu-ray

Message par The Boogeyman »

Cool ! Daté au 21 janvier.

" Accélère minouche !" - Michel Poiccard /// “When you have to shoot shoot don't talk” - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez /// "Alors tu vois où elles nous ont menées tes ondes négatives, tu devrais avoir honte.” - Oddball dit Le Cinglé /// "Wake up !... Time to die" - Leon Kowalski /// "C'est quoi minouche ?" - Patricia Franchini
zemat
Producteur Exécutif
Liste DVD

Message par zemat »

Très bonne nouvelle !
Mosin-Nagant
Producteur

Message par Mosin-Nagant »

Premiers retours sur Dawn of the Dead chez Second Sight :

Sur bluray.com, johnpaul2 a écrit : I received the screeners too and have finished watching them a few days ago. IMO, it's extremely neat. I was surprised that the grain pattern between the TC and CC (Cannes Cut) vs the IP-sourced AC (Argento Cut) wasn't that much different but I alternated a lot between the TC and the AC and it still was quite visible : the TC just looks tighter and finer overall, while the AC has a quite-good but still a tad thicker typically IP-sourced aspect. However, the color-grading of the AC quite put me off, it looks too dark in comparison with the other cuts and it really felt like it was crushed in many places. The TC looked more balanced in comparison, but it also felt like it had a wider range of colors.
As for the CC, I thought the extra scenes sourced from the CRI were quite well blended in, though they still stick out PQ-wise and you can spot many of them relatively easily. I was however relieved about the grading blending in : the few restorations I've seen that were sourced from CRI had severe issues (to me) in terms of gradings (like The Hills Have Eyes or The Beast Must Die). Here, the definition and grain pattern stick out but not the colors.

Overall, I guess my biggest disappointment remains that the AC weren't reconstructed from a new 4K-OCN restoration, because the work done for this release really shines.

Question for Geoff though about the AC : is it me or there has been color-corrections and a reframing done for this release ? This didn't look like what I've found about the ESC disc. It didn't have any vignetting and it didn't have Bob the perchman. And neons weren't that pink either.
Sur bluray.com, Geoff D a écrit : Correct, we went in and did some fixes to the Argento Cut master that was provided by Backlight in Rome, it had already been retimed by the time I saw it (still dark, but much less green than the ESC version) and Final Frame were busy reframing it to more or less match the TC. The problem with doing a rebuild of the AC with the TC transfer is that the masters really do look noticeably different as you say, and with the amount of little alterations between the two versions it could've ended up flitting back and forth in a scene and it would've been too distracting. The Argento Cut doesn't technically exist as cut camera negative, only that interpositive, so there will always be that discrepancy.

FF had to leave the opening credits sequence as it is framing-wise though because Backlight had done new digital recreations of the credits and pasted them over the mis-framed 'clean' shots, so if the framing was corrected the credits would now look lop-sided so it was left alone, and we weren't provided the 'clean' footage on its own (which is a shame as we could've rebuilt the rather janky credits sequence on the TC/EC).

But Backlight's restoration had a lot of Autoclean errors that wiped out details that it thought was positive or negative dirt, I pointed some of them out in my review of the ESC UHD but I noticed a lot more when re-watching it this time around, I think the better compression made them stand out a bit more. David Mackenzie worked some magic to plug those errors with parts lifted from other frames and one shot was so bad it was just replaced outright, the result is a fix so seamless you'd never know it was there. There are still a few of these errors in there but they go by so fast they weren't worth fixing, and the Argento can look a bit 'smeary' in one or two shots but that's on the restoration that was provided and couldn't be fixed as such.

Overall though I'm MUCH happier with this version of the Argento than the ESC version, not just picture but sound too. The OG English mono is there which the ESC lacks but more than that, the 5.1 mix on the Second Sight sounds 100 times better than the 5.1 on the ESC. I don't mean "quality" so much but the actual mix itself, it's unbelievably poor on the ESC the way it routes a load of reverb into the surrounds, proper "my first 5.1 mix" kinda stuff as I've mentioned before. But the SS 5.1 is far more 'compact' and sounds like an actual grown-up did it.

You know my feelings: Every day is a gift. It's just, does it have to be a pair of socks?
Spoiler (cliquez pour afficher)
la_vie_en_blueray
Cadreur

Message par la_vie_en_blueray »

Des nouveaux Paramount annoncés

Wonder Boys de Curtis Hanson et We are No Angels de Michael Curtiz. Pour l'instant aux USA, mais comme tout semble sortir en Europe.
Torrente
Howard Hughes

Message par Torrente »

la_vie_en_blueray a écrit : 28 oct. 20, 18:35 Wonder Boys de Curtis Hanson
Cool. J'en ai un bon souvenir. Ce sera l'occasion.
Boubakar
Mécène hobbit

Message par Boubakar »

Pour le confinement, dvdfr publie un article sur les titres qui vont être reportés : https://www.dvdfr.com/news/4790-confine ... hd-4k.html
Harry Reems
Doublure lumière

Message par Harry Reems »

Mosin-Nagant
Producteur

Tiens, j'étais passé à côté de ça. Épuisé, bien sûr

You know my feelings: Every day is a gift. It's just, does it have to be a pair of socks?
Mosin-Nagant
Producteur

Ça y est, Second Sight a commencé à envoyer aux clients lambda. Sympa, les cartes postales en bonus.

Si j'avais pu, j'aurais commandé directement chez eux. J'ai vu une vidéo sur leur compte Twitter où ils montrent tout le soin apporté à la préparation des colis.

L'inverse d'Amazon et compagnie, quoi! J'espère que mon exemplaire ne va va pas trop morfler...
Dernière modification par Mosin-Nagant le 7 nov. 20, 13:01, modifié 1 fois.

tenia
Le Choix de Sophisme

Message par tenia »

Pareil, j'espère aussi que mon coffret arrivera sans encombre depuis Amazon (sinon, je serais moi aussi passé par Second Sight direct).
Mosin-Nagant
Producteur

Ordered this during the first lockdown. It arrived today, during the second. Worth the wait.
Non mais j'en peux plus d'attendre, là!

Torrente
Howard Hughes

Message par Torrente »

Ils ont communiqué sur les futures éditions "simples" ?
J'ai toujours 2 préco' en cours car je n'arrivais pas à me décider entre le coffret 4K et le coffret Blu-ray (n'étant pas encore équipé)...

Arrow va aussi faire le même coup pour chacun de leur 4K, on dirait.
Pile quand des combos m'arrangeraient, tous les mecs arrêtent d'en faire. C'est génial.
Mosin-Nagant
Producteur

Torrente a écrit : 7 nov. 20, 14:51Ils ont communiqué sur les futures éditions "simples" ?
Peut-être pas officiellement mais j'ai lu sur bluray.com que ça sera effectivement le cas. Il y aura les 3 disques qui seront proposés autant en HD qu'en UHD dans d'autres éditions distinctes... J'ai opté pour l'édition UHD, perso. Je prendrai une réédition simple du format bluray quand ça sera en promo. Je suis pas encore équipé en 4K, moi aussi. Si tu es vraiment pressé, tu peux faire l'inverse: prendre le coffret bluray (qui est pressé à moitié moins d'exemplaires, en plus) et compléter plus tard avec de l'UHD standard. Parce qu'à part les 3 disques UHD et le petit fourreau en carton, c'est exactement la même chose, ces deux coffrets...

tenia
Le Choix de Sophisme

Message par tenia »

Les éditions standard n'auront pas les livres ni les CDs, mais il y aura bien les 3 montages et, si j'ai bien compris, le disque de bonus aussi.
rodoliv
Electro

Message par rodoliv »

The Boogeyman a écrit : 27 oct. 20, 13:23 Cool ! Daté au 21 janvier.

Yes merci pour l'info
Répondre